Cranberry Cornish Hen
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: brandonjustin
Recipe Category: Poultry
Recipe Preparation Level: easy
1 c. cranberry juice
2 tbsp. cider vinegar
1/2 c. frozen orange juice concentrate, defrosted
2 tbs. honey
1 tsp. tarragon
1 tsp. each of salt and pepper
4 Cornish game hens
1) Mix all ingredients together, except the hens.
2) Reserve half marinade mixture. Pour the other half over game hens. Turn birds to coat. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
3) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place hens in baking pan. Cook for 50 minutes.
4) Discard marinade from hens. Bring the reserved marinade to a boil in saucepan.
Cook until reduced by half.
5) Baste hens with reduced marinade twice during the last 20 minutes of cooking. Serve sauce with game hens.