Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
Sweet & Sour Sauce
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: loreann
Recipe Category: Sauces, Rubs, Marinades
Recipe Preparation Level: moderate
2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
3 tablespoons pineapple juice, frozen concentrate, thawed
1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons canola oil
3 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
1 cup fresh pineapple chunks, cubed
1 bunch scallions, chopped
3 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
1. Whisk together teriyaki sauce, pineapple juice, vinegar, hot sauce, and cornstarch. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a braiser pan until very hot. Add ginger. Sauté for 4 to 6 minutes. Add pineapple chunks and scallions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pineapple is brown in spots, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the teriyaki mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Serve over desired dish such as shrimp or chicken.
5. Top with toasted sesame seeds.
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!