Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
Louisiana Beef Stew
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: m.cannon
Recipe Category: Beef
Recipe Preparation Level: moderate
1-2 tsp Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
3 T flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 lb beef cubes
1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
3 medium onions, sliced
1/3 C red vinegar
1/2 C water
6 carrots, sliced
1/2 C raisins
1 lb mushrooms
1. Combine the first 7 ingredients and sprinkle the mixture on the beef cubes.
2. Brown the cubes in oil.
3. Add crushed tomatoes, onions, vinegar, molasses and water. Bring to a simmer.
4. Add the carrots and raisins, and place stew in a 325 degree oven (coverd) for 2 hours, making sure stew maintains a low simmer.
5. Last 1/2 hour, add whole mushrooms.
6. This stew goes well over buttered noodles.
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!