Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
Cranberry and Dark Cherry Gelatin Salad
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: m.cannon
Recipe Category: Salad
Recipe Preparation Level: moderate
1 16-oz can jellied cranberry sauce
1 16.5-oz can pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
10 1/2 oz crushed pineapple with juice
1 6-oz pkg cherry gelatin
2 C boiling water
1 C chopped pecans (opt)
CREAMY SWEET TANGY SAUCE (opt)
8oz softened cream cheese
1 C sour cream
3/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the cranberry sauce
2. Add cherries to the melted sauce. Stir in the pineapple with its juice. Remove mixture from heat.
3. In a medium bowl pour the boiling water over the gelatin. And stir until all the gelatin has dissolved.
4. Add the gelatin mixture to the cranberry mixture and stir.
5. Stir in the nuts. (opt)
6. Pour into a 9x13 inch pan and chill until set.
7. Serve topped with creamy sauce. (opt)
Mix together: 8-oz softened cream cheese, 1 C sour cream, 3/4 C sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
Note from source: "After taking this to dozens of gatherings, I now bring preprinted recipe cards with me for the onslaught of requests I get."
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!